Wednesday, August 15, 2007

From these results, I conclude...

...I need more data.

But, here are the poll results anyway.
I asked the readers what title describes them best. I had a feeling most people reading this blog were involved in science or academics in one way or another.



The students win big time. That is kind of what I expected, which is really cool to see. It's also nice to see some faculty coming by as well.

I'm not too surprised with the number of industry scientists...there are a lot of them out there. The world needs scientists, so there they are....reading blogs and taking dorky polls instead of working. Plus, I have some experience and affiliation myself with industry.

I guess the big question is who are all the 'none of the aboves'? Perhaps non-professional scientists -- that is, people who love science but don't necessarily do it as their livelihood? Maybe some journalism or policy types? Who knows....maybe just passers-by.

Thanks for participating.


Oh yeah, one more thing...you may have noticed how I put it in percentages to obscure the low number of samples (n=52, by the way). You should be impressed I did any quantitative analysis...I am a geologist after all.

5 comments:

Thermochronic said...

Don't you need n=117 for it to man anything? Geez....

Anonymous said...

"You should be impressed I did any quantitative analysis...I am a geologist after all."

Hee!

BrianR said...

I only need n=117 if i'm going to say something important about who's NOT in the assemblage....or something

Anonymous said...

You've got at least one science librarian reading.

BrianR said...

science librarian! cool...thanks for coming by