Monday, July 02, 2007

A few photos from vacation

I'm sittin' in Denver International Airport on my way back to California. We spent a week in the north woods of Minnesota, in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I had never been....it was fantastic. Yes, there were some mosquitos but they weren't as bad as I had imagined. Besides, we were in a nice cabin and not camping...so that was a bonus. We spent the week paddling around the lake, exploring small bays, watching the wildlife, and relaxing. Very nice...I needed it.

I need to catch up on some of latest and greatest in the geoblogosphere....in the meantime, check out some of these photos from the Boundary Waters.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

and nice parental-behavior picture :)

BrianR said...

those little Mergansers were pretty funny...they would hop up on their mother's back and she would shake 'em off....as if to say "no, you have to swim, now stop your complaining"